Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's Saturday?

I keep forgetting what day it is. Once school starts everything will be dull again, until I have to move. I will get to see my family again, though. All of my cousins helped out the last time, and I hope they do the same this time. They make me happy. I wouldn't trade my family for the world. Family gatherings used to be boring until they noticed that I can down a beer and still be cool. Now they just hand me beer after beer and we can have a good time, and talk about memories of when I was younger and when they were younger. I love when they tell me about my Nanny and my Pop. (My Mom's parents.)

Their names were Marilyn and Fred. They seemed like great parents, and grandparents. I wish I could remember when they were still alive. I was only little when they both died. They died a couple of months apart, and I could only imagine the pain everyone went through. My sister wasn't born by then, and I feel horrible about that. My Mom said that my Nanny loved me so much. She also said that she wishes they were both alive to see Emily and I grow up.

The biggest reason I love going to Staten Island is to go to the cemetery where they are buried, along with a couple of other family members and just stand there with my Mom. My Mom tells me all about them, and how much she would give to have them here with us now. Yeah, it brings tears to our eyes, but it's worth it. When I move there, I plan on going a couple times a week, to just sit there and talk to them.

Oh geez, anyways. Logan and I just talked a lot of things out. He says he might move here, because I told him they were building a Best Buy in Stroudsburg. He said it would be easy to transfer out here. I don't know if I should get my hopes up or not. Time will only tell, I guess.

Well, I think I'm going to hop in the shower. I don't know if I'll get out tonight. I feel sick. Till next time...

No comments: